ATX PS Spec Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage

Hi,

I got the ATX PS specs at formfactors.org, hopefully wanting to use these power supplies and implement them properly into projects of mine.

The spec indicates that there are 2 x +12V Rails supplied. +12V1 and +12V2. The 20/22 pin ATX connector only features the +12V1 Rail, and they do not indicate whether +12V1 or +12V2 are used in the other output connectors (HDD, Floppy, SATA, etc connectors).

Does anyone know where the second +12V Rail (+12V2) is going to ? Either I'm blind, or the second rail is not used anywhere at any of the outputs of the power supply...

The spec also indicates that a maximum of 11.5A is posible on the +12V2 Rail at maximum load (250W), or even better 14A on +12V2 at 400W. These are a bit high for me... Does anyone have practical experience here? Witnessed it before? I'll be rather astonished if these Power Supplies are actually capable of delivery such a high load when required...

Thanks,
Chris.

The PC PSU without 5V loading not work properly.If You need full power from 12V out, need a hard modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…