Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmel 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislu

currently doin on a proj, need a microcontroller with build in memory that used to store user's input(important to keep the data after off the system, but don wish to use eeprom)...n i found atmel 89c51 come with flash memory, can anyone tell me what does it means?is it suitable for me.n is there anyone know it's programmer...cheap n powerful...debugger as well...i m a begginer on this microcontroller...any help r welcome...

louislu said:
currently doin on a proj, need a microcontroller with build in memory that used to store user's input(important to keep the data after off the system, but don wish to use eeprom)...n i found atmel 89c51 come with flash memory, can anyone tell me what does it means?is it suitable for me.n is there anyone know it's programmer...cheap n powerful...debugger as well...i m a begginer on this microcontroller...any help r welcome...

I don't use Atmel processors, so I can't comment on that specific one. But many PIC's contain data EEPROM for storing data without power, I presume the Atmel processors have the same?.

The program memory being FLASH (or EEPROM incorrectly labelled as FLASH - as many have been) doesn't really matter, it's data storage you need.

How many bytes of storage do you need?. A PIC16F628 has 128 bytes of data EEPROM, and a 16F648A has 256 bytes.

Both the Atmel and PIC processors have cheap and easy programmer designs available.

You will have to go to atmel's web site and look at their part selector to find an apropreate part. If you don't wan't to use EEPROM some 8051's can write to their code flash memory and read it back as if it were data memory. Silicon labs 8051's can do this. If you can spare $100 for one of their development kits they have a great debugger - you can single step through your code on the hardware itself.

In 8051 family you can use AT89S8252 from Atmel which has 2kB of internal data EEPROM.

89 Series Programmer

Did you check this new version?
It supports all 89 Series chips from Atmel
**broken link removed**

Regards,
GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back