Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89S52 Power-down mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

layzee

Hi all,
I'm trying to use the power-down mode of the AT89S52 and intend to use an external interrupt source to come out of this mode. I'm making a battery-operated digital clock using a 16X2 LCD, a DS12887 RTC and the AT89S52. Since its battery operated, I want to keep the power consumption at minimal levels. What I plan to do is generate a periodic interrupt every time the RTC updates the time (basically every interval of one second) to make the AT89S52 wake up and once it reads the time and writes it to the LCD it goes back to its power-down state.
But from what I found, the AT89S52 needs the wake-up interrupt signal to be available for atleast two machine cycles which the DS12887 does not provide.
Source : **broken link removed**

In the above link the person has done it using a 74123 monostable multivibrator but has not provided a circuit :( . Being a novice can someone please suggest me how to implement it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back