Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89C51 interfacing I2C, ADC and SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

fan174

AT89C51 does not have on chip (I2C, ADC and SPI) but some time we use i2c device like RTC. How does AT89C51 communicate with ADC device, SPI device and I2C device while AT89C51 doesn't have on chip ADS, I2C, SPI hardware. Does it require external hardware to communicate ?

Did you look at my 8051 articles? I did an ADC with the MCP3008 (SPI) and a DAC MCP4921 (SPI)..All this with a basic 8051...

There are several SPI RTC units, which will use the same interface..
by reading a lot, confused :(

What would i need , If I want to measure the device temperature using thermocuple then what I have to buy ? Do i need only MCP3008 (SPI) ? Or I need ADC 0804 ?

Its up to you....
The ADC0804 is a single channel parallel 8 bit ADC which uses one of your ports plus several control lines..

The MCP3008 is a 4 channel 10 bit ADC with an SPI interface that uses 3 pins... Both will do the job!! However!! I have written the code for the MCP3008 and it's half the price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back