Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

at what temp we have a super conductor now these days???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
Don't know the song, but I was referring to the UK, where we've always used cc's - good point from CheapSlider about using horsepower previously though!.
Too busy holding hands with "Michelle" and "Elenor Rigby" I suppose. My mistake -- cultural literacy has limits.

Papabravo said:
Too busy holding hands with "Michelle" and "Elenor Rigby" I suppose. My mistake -- cultural literacy has limits.

Too many harmonies in BB's songs to tell what the words are :p

I do remember they were often about girls in California, and something about Bar, Bar ,Bar, Bar (was it a sheep song?).

lol this thread is funny

What can I say about a bunch of guys singin 'bout Rocky Racoon? Or for that matter embaking on a voyage in an alternatively painted submarine.

Stoned they may have been, but ya gotta love the music.

I've even got a book with all their music in (it was been thrown out after no one bought at a local Summer Fayre) - it's unreal how many songs they wrote, I've never heard of most of them.

Papabravo said:
The logic is that different systems evolved independently and in isolation. Given the enormous difficulties in travel and communication as little as 100 years ago it is hardly surprising that it should be this way. The Greeks and the Romans had perfectly good systems -- why don't we just use those?

To whom exactly would you delagate the task of enforcing standards? We tried going metric in the 1980's and it was a disaster. I also question your use of the term concise. In what snese does the use of a particular system of measurement have the property of being concise or not? I think you're just confused and angry at things over which you have no control. Without some increased flexability and patience, I predict a frustrating future for you as a project engineer.

Concise
–adjective expressing or covering much in few words; brief in form but comprehensive in scope; succinct; terse:

That maybe that guys like archimedes or caligula came up with different standards,but in the 21st century that no longer applies. Concise, organized and concurring measurement standards are paramount especially in research articles, journals and publications.

We do have control..to some extent. But as I said before, it is not enforced, only suggested.

A number of friends and collegaues predicted I would be "the odd man out." I have...to much dismay but some headway has been gained. i'm not a conformist, I stand out, I express my mind with little or no regard for others, I don't Bull $hit when it comes to a project, i'll smash through a wall or run right thru someone to get the job done, I might even be a loose cannon.

But it works, I keep getting the assignments I want, and people don't bother/screw around with me. Plus my superiors are pleased with my results. so hey, it works!

Good for you. It's always nice to see self confidence in action. I'm really happy that things are working out so well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back