Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assistance on connections to Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!

Tell your supervisor that he will have to use a different sensor. K type TC's which I think your using have these limits of error
Standard:
2.2°C or 0.75% Above 0°C
2.2°C or 2.0% Below 0°C
Special:
1.1°C or 0.4%

From: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=B7YS2e9GsesvyXN0eeIXMA&bvm=bv.98476267,d.eXY

Accuracy and repeatability are two different things. The display is likely +-1 digit as well.

A Grade B RTD can be a LOT better: **broken link removed** 0.25 deg C.

Accuracy wise your probably at least within 2.3 C and say with a 3 digit display you can't be certain it's 24.9, 25 or 25.1 because of the +- 1 digit.

What you have isn't that bad considering what you had to work with. Designing from scratch, the controller would have to be different and I probably would consider an RTD sensor.

Thank you for all the likes. Remember to report back how successful the project was.

We kinda got off on the wrong foot initially.

It wouldnt have been possible to get off without all of your kind assistance and guidance!

Will definitely update the progress of my experiment as it goes on, and hope that you will continue to guide me. haha

That is really awesome, thanks for the links!
Currently,its is undergoing testing over the weekend, and as Tony mentioned, we will also be taking a look at the heat transfer and probably putting in more temperature sensors to have a more uniform temperature check and install fans appropriately to ensure air circulations.

Will definitely feedback on the findings of choice of sensors as well as the accuracy to my supervisor.

Just some updates..
2nd oct
Hey guys, the PID controller is working well and able to control the temperature well.
Special thanks to all that helped! Hope ya continue to help and guide should I need any help in the future. thanks again for the sharing and guidance! Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back