Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.asm Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltonboy

Hi
Using win xp i copied a .asm file from vellaman k8048 files changed some of the file and saved to another .asm name in notepad it is in the file i saved it to but when i tried to look for it in mpasm it can not find it saying dos error.
any advice welcome
Thanks

Look for a file named asm.txt

Thanks for replies
I have put .asm and I have looked for .txt.
I can see the file called billy.asm in my example folder but mpasm can not see it just the original files that were there from loading software from vellaman programmer.

Hi
when i click open all files it can see billy.asm but to load it into mpasm it says dos error file not found

Try re-saving the file, this has happened to me occasionally. I don't know why, but re-saving it and making sure you save it as 'billy.asm' may work.

Thanks
I have tried that but no luck
if i open any original file with notepad and save it with another name say billyboy.asm with all file types tab on when i goto mpasm it can see it i try to run it and it says dos error file not found

Thanks
I have tried that but no luck
if i open any original file with notepad and save it with another name say billyboy.asm with all file types tab on when i goto mpasm it can see it i try to run it and it says dos error file not found

hi,
Post your *.asm file and we can try it out.:)

Last edited:
The file is name wrong you know on vista I have had it save them like this john.asm.asm
and when I looked at it you just see the one .asm like john.asm

Hi
Many Thanks loaded all the software on another computer and it works fine,Time to reformat the laptop
Thanks again

Perhaps, after modding , you need to call it xxx.asm and also while saving you need to define as text only file

Of course, i use word pad for that.
the principle is same even if you use open office. that while saving you need to define the file as text only. then i after opening this file in MPLAB, and if you dont find the style of .asm file with colors and all, i generally cause a small mod like adding a space, to enable me save it. now i save it as .asm file

and reopen, presto, i find the feature that are expected.

You could solve this problem easily by not using notepad either =) There are better free code editors out there.

You could solve this problem easily by not using notepad either =) There are better free code editors out there.
after posting here, I tried to open an asm file straight on firefox Ver 3.0.8 , edit and save . It is opening nice on MPlab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back