Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ask for a simple circuit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool

I got a square waveform~ how can I use a simple circuit to convert it to be a dc single?? and the single must be proportional to the peak-to-peak voltage of the square waveform!! is it possilble?? :cry:

THANKS!!!!

Use an LM2907 Frequency-to-Voltage converter. It's precisely what you need.

Here's a link for the datasheet **broken link removed**

ElectricWraith said:
Use an LM2907 Frequency-to-Voltage converter. It's precisely what you need.

Here's a link for the datasheet **broken link removed**
This will yield a voltage proportional to frequency, which is not what you asked for. Crust's suggestion is fine so long as one of the levels of the square wave is at zero volts. If not, post a description of your waveform, including voltage levels, frequency, duty cycle, and anything else you can think of (such as what the waveform is generated by).

in fact, I am doing a project for using IR to control the on/off of a lamp~ :oops:

I used LM567(a tone decoder) to decode the signals received from the phototransitor, which is a square wave with a certain freq. However, I found that it was difficult to set the center frequency of it, so I give up... :cry:

Now, do you think I can only use LM2907 to do the decode part simply?? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back