Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/content/58-stun-gun.html

This is just one example, but what is with all the articles being posted from ElectroMaster on threads several years old?

The above thread is one that nearly all users argue against providing users help with in the forums, now it's an official article?

I like the article system, but why not start the slate blank at this point, and just let people put up their older projects if they want to?

I think it's great to make these projects easier for new users to find, so the topics don't keep popping up over and over. I imagine there will still be plenty of people who never bother to look, or use a search engine, just ask, but at least for some they can find what they are looking for, before starting a thread. Should help reduce some of the 'final year project' topics as well.

I think my biggest question is why is an article like a stun gun thread article being posted? If someone that doesn't know what they're doing experiments with the posted circuits lethal or dangerous shock hazards could be created.

well, gary (chemelec) had it posted in his page.
Probably the guys saw it in CSI and thought it's cool and inspired them to build one? Or playing with Red Alert 3 with all the mythical Tesla Coils zapping conscripts made them feel the blue sparks are cool? Or..... hm.

I think my biggest question is why is an article like a stun gun thread article being posted? If someone that doesn't know what they're doing experiments with the posted circuits lethal or dangerous shock hazards could be created.

There is that all important and always overlooked aspect of, Some times stupid does what stupid does regardless of what everyone else did to prevent it from happening. ;)

Scaidwain. Just let natural selection do its work. Please! :D

No actually they can't, they can produce a simple spark, not a sustained current.

Right, which is totally unuseable as a stun gun, as far as a stun gun is defined as a device that can temporarily immobilize a person.

You wouldn't go up to an attacker stab a probe into them an say "Hold still for a second so I can press this button a few thousand times really fast"

"Hold still for a second so I can press this button a few thousand times really fast"
LOL. I mean by only pressing on it once, and hold on to it, it generates pulses of sparks. But never mind. This thing ain't strong enough to kill a rat anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back