Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Diy printed circuit boards my experiments and mistakes. 2011-06-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

MrDEB submitted a new article:

DIY printed circuit boards My experiments and mistakes. - New ArticleDIY Printed Circuit Boards
for the home hobbyist
methods and mistakes
By Doug Bezaire

New ArticleDIY Printed Circuit Boards
for the home hobbyist
methods and mistakes
By Doug Bezaire
“MrDeb”

Making a printed circuit board for that one of a kind project can be a challenging experience at best.
Have tried most of the standard methods of actually applying the circuit design to a copper clad board then etching using several different chemicals.
But before one can apply a design to a copper clad board a design must be produced. There are many design programs available, some...

Read more about this article...

I messed around with this for my single sided design and got it to work pretty well but I found the copper comes away from the board very easily when you repair it or alter anything . I got good results from tinning all the remaining track and pads but nothing beats a good hard coating over the tracks .

The manufactured boards with the coating over everything except the solder pads is 100 times better . Even the vero board is much better but the single pad style prototyping boards are again hopeless at sticking to the fibreglass board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back