Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arrrggggg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroGeek_87

I posted a message a couple days ago about programming a pic16f84a.
I tried what was suggested but to no avail. To simplify my circuit a bit (until I get this thing figured out) I am now using a 16f627 which has the same locations for registers and memory, but also has an internal rc. In other words it's simple. Know I programmed it with the same code as the f84a, and with the internal rc w/ clockout enabled. I connected a led to the clockout pin and I get a signal that turns the LED on. My program still will not work. When I use MPASM to assemble the code I get the following message:

Message[302] Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.

It looks like the chip will not switch to bank 1

Do these things ever work right?

Sorry for the long post but this is frustrating me.

Geek

ElectroGeek_87 said:
Message[302] Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Geek

You get this message every time with MPASM, even when your code is correct. Add

ERRORLEVEL -302

to the top of your code to hide these messages.

Thanks,

that is just what I need to know, I was thinking that I had the good code but MPLAB still gif a 302 message.

Cya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back