Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any faults on this PLL Bug Tx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I am here now- www.hem.passagen.se/communication/pll_bug.html

I am going to buy components from online. Before, want solve few problems like this-

1) I am confused about 12.8MHz Xtal OSC module, Is it 3 pin? Alll Xtals has 2 pin. If I said 12.8MHz Xatl with online sales and if they sent me "2 pin Xtal"?? He he he It will be a problem! Do you have its brand name? Do you have any picture os it? Please help me! I want through hole Xtal, can I?

2) If i used MP3 audio as an input, should I have to use Audio compressor IC SSM2167 (auto gain controller)?

3) In this circuit, will any VHF transistor like 2n2222 or 2n3904 work?

The crystal oscillator module is an ordinary oscillator circuit module with 3 pins, not just a crystal.
Most of the ICs are surface-mount. Can you solder to them?
You probably do not need the audio compressor IC but you need to add a pre-emphasis circuit.
The circuit will probably work with a 2N2222 or 2N3904 but since the supply is only 5V then the output power will be low.

Wow! Thank you! I found a supplier which is www.yiqi-ic.com They are from HongKong. Thy are saying "we will send components from China post in almost $ 8 only if components are light in weight (shiping charge)" I think it is not very much! So I am trying to buy these components, also ROHM BH1417F IC (available there in almost $ 1.3 only).

Want to order LM2931A also, i think LM2950 is same.

I made a board layout of Mod 4 using ExpressPCB and made a board using Toner transfer method and got very fine results! Seeing this results, I hope I can make a board suitable for these small SMD components and if I can made board, Sure I can solder! If OSC module has no leads, than I will add leads like on electret mic :) because I don't have 'hot gun' to solder SMD components. Hope other chips has smaller leads for surface mount, may be I can work with them!

Last edited:
The crystal oscillator module is an ordinary oscillator circuit module with 3 pins, not just a crystal.

The supplier to whom I contacted, can't find the details about "12.8MHz crystal OSC Module (3 pin)" and 7.6MHz Xtal for ROHM FM IC too. Then asking with me to send details. But even I can't find any exact picture and datasheet! :)

Any Picture, datasheets, links do you have to show him? Specially the module.

Most of the 12.8MHz crystal oscillator modules in North America are surface-mount with no pins. Digikey lists 10 of them.

Digikey is the largest electronics parts distributor in America and they do not list a 7.6MHz crystal. Maybe that is why Rohm does not make the FM transmitter ICs anymore.

Most of the 12.8MHz crystal oscillator modules in North America are surface-mount with no pins. Digikey lists 10 of them.

Digikey is the largest electronics parts distributor in America and they do not list a 7.6MHz crystal. Maybe that is why Rohm does not make the FM transmitter ICs anymore.

Can I use 7.6MHz Xtal OSC Module instead of 7.6MHz Crystal (applying suitablt voltage for module) on BH1417F?

EDIT: Pin 14 is the input of the 7.6MHz crystal oscillator.

You mean I can use, wow! I think this OSC module has also 3 connection
-Ground
-Positive suppy (may be +3.3V)
-Oscillation OUT

I should have to connect this 'Oscillation Out' to 14th pin of BH1417F. Hm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back