Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any electronics suppliers that let you create a publicly available parts list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeg

I'm working on a project that I will eventually make available for anybody to build. One issue is that it will incorporate a bunch of parts (resistors, jacks, speakers, etc.) that will have to be purchased. Are there any electronics suppliers that would let me create a parts list that someone else could order easily? The best solution would be a supplier that would potentially be willing to add any missing items to their inventory. (I understand that would be a long-shot; who would go through that much trouble to sell a few small items?)

SparkFun comes closest (they work with users to create products) but not quite it. Thanks!

That is where a search engine works, as "electronic parts suppliers"; then inside each side there is a "find" part. Listing ALL parts in a single site would be unmanageable.

Why don't you just buy the parts and sell them as a Kit?
And what about the Circuit Board for this project?

That is where a search engine works, as "electronic parts suppliers"; then inside each side there is a "find" part. Listing ALL parts in a single site would be unmanageable.
I've done something similar (which you can see here) but I'd like to make it easier to get all the parts if possible.
Why don't you just buy the parts and sell them as a Kit?
I don't have time (or inclination) to deal with all the mailing hassle.
And what about the Circuit Board for this project?
I plan (hope) to have a PCB layout that builders can use to order their own PCB from a fabricator.

This isn't a money-making project; I just want to share what I've built.

Yes. Actually better than what you're asking for.

Use Octopart.com BOM - bill of material manager. Enter the parts you need, and the BOM shows all the major sources where the part is available.

You can make the BOM available publicly, and even allow permission to edit if you desire.

This is a free and extremely useful service.

Here is an acticle I wrote about Octopart.

Most likely DigiKey will have everything you need and ship anywhere in the world a courier goes , same day departure if ordered before 8pm.

Mouser and Digikey both allow you to put together a "Cart", which you can then share publicly using a link.

Hi,

Yeah on another website a bunch of people got together and was able to order the same parts from Digikey just by having the online password or something like that. That was a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back