Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino+zigbee based wireless sensor networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

geboy

hai everyone, I desire to make a network of wireless sensors with arduino and zigbee module(XB24-AWI-001). which arduino should i choose?. should i need to write routing protocol,queueing etc of zigbee protocol in the programming code?.

i recently made a project using xbee and arduino uno...and the communication was ok..no baud rate related problem.
u dont have to write any routing protocol,queueing etc of zigbee protocol in the programming code.just configure your xbee using xctu..
and both arduino uno and xbee should have same baud rate..
in my project i realised that higher the baud rate...better the communication is..
Instead of xbee arduino shield/adapter
you can use this one

xbee-base-baord-usb-250x250.jpg

this works perfectly

Last edited:
baud rate is symbols per second . so for better communication it should be high
consider the case when you use internet You want more Mbps ...

I guess what constitutes 'better' is up for debate. I was thinking fewer bits per symbol equates to better SNR, leading to more reliable comms. For many M2M applications, kbps or even bps suffices. I'd almost always favour link quality over link speed, and put the extra effort into efficient data use I'd necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back