Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

xainnasir

I have done programming on microcontroller PIC both in C and assembly .... now i want to work with arduino and need tips .... Moreover whats the difference between a simple mcrocontroller and an arduino

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done programming on microcontroller PIC both in C and assembly .... now i want to work with arduino and need tips .... Moreover whats the difference between a simple mcrocontroller ad arduino

Arduino is a PCB with simple microcontroller (Atmel AVR) on it. It is usually programmed with a bootloader via USB. The Arduino IDE is good for lazy people who do not want to learn C/Assembly or how microcontrollers work.. Good if you need a simple task done in a school project. Bad if you wan't to learn something.

The Arduino IDE is good for lazy people who do not want to learn C/Assembly or how microcontrollers work.. Good if you need a simple task done in a school project. Bad if you wan't to learn something.

Nah don't agree with this
Its a gentle intro to both C and Assembly if you want it to be . People with no knowledge of either can get some lights flashing or switches turning with no knowledge from the example library . More adventurous can write new programs .

The main thing is its all at one site and you can develope anything you want .
I have not found such a comprehensive site for PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back