arduino programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

xainnasir

I have done programming on microcontroller PIC both in C and assembly .... now i want to work with arduino and need tips .... Moreover whats the difference between a simple mcrocontroller and an arduino

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done programming on microcontroller PIC both in C and assembly .... now i want to work with arduino and need tips .... Moreover whats the difference between a simple mcrocontroller ad arduino

Arduino is a PCB with simple microcontroller (Atmel AVR) on it. It is usually programmed with a bootloader via USB. The Arduino IDE is good for lazy people who do not want to learn C/Assembly or how microcontrollers work.. Good if you need a simple task done in a school project. Bad if you wan't to learn something.

The Arduino IDE is good for lazy people who do not want to learn C/Assembly or how microcontrollers work.. Good if you need a simple task done in a school project. Bad if you wan't to learn something.

Nah don't agree with this
Its a gentle intro to both C and Assembly if you want it to be . People with no knowledge of either can get some lights flashing or switches turning with no knowledge from the example library . More adventurous can write new programs .

The main thing is its all at one site and you can develope anything you want .
I have not found such a comprehensive site for PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…