Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Archer Dual Power Supply Kit Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcav8or

I have an old Archer Dual Variable Power Supply from Radio Shack that I built from a kit when I was a teenager. I'd like to get it working again. I think it would be a simple matter if I had the schematic. It uses a 741 and 1458 op-amp. On one side, the power transistor and two smaller transistors were removed years ago. I seem to remember burning them up and removing them, but didn't write down what kind they were. The other side has a power transistor marked "2020", and two smaller 2N2222 transistors. I'd like to know where I could find the schematic for this power supply, or failing that, get some help deducing what transistors I need to replace the missing ones. Would they be the same as the other side of the power supply, or complementary?

That's a good question. The only identifying number I can find on it is "1700010B" printed on the underside of the PCB. I'll try to upload pictures. One other thing that occurred to me is to pull off the heat sinks on the back and check the transistors there to see if the two sides are identical or complementary.

That's the one. I found another guy on another forum who has one and has promised to scan manual for me, but if that falls through, I'll take advantage of that.

I did try to find more info on that but drew mainly blanks.

At least you have the model / catalog number now :)

I had such a kit over thirty years ago, when there were Radio Shack stores in Canada ( now called Source at Circuit City). I never obtained the meters, my late father made a case for me, and my PCB also had 741 and 1458 devices. I used TIP29C and TIP30C transistors. This was one of four projects I bought from Radio Shack, the other three Archer Kits came in molded red cases with clear plastic covers for displaying the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back