Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Application of Numerical Approximation in Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

babar.khan

Hello Everybody, :)
I have been assigned to submit RESEARCH WORK and the topic is APPLICATIONS OF NUMERICAL APPROXIMATIONS IN ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING. I want you guys to help me out! i have 20days, it must be 8-10 pages long. If any of you have researched or have any link regarding it then please do send it to me soon. I am waiting. Thanks.

Babar Khan

The request is so vague as to be meaningless for all practical purposes. When I was an undergraduate we all used slide rules. The poorer students had to rely on 4-place log tables. In those days every calculation was an approximation.

In the early 1970's we had the four function calculator which gave us more significant digits, and in 1973 the HP-35 gave us an early portable scientific calculator. Transcendental functions then and now are commonly implemented using Chebyshev polynomials. They have the property that numerical errors are bounded and uniformly distributed over the interval of interest.

Not much has really changed since computers and calculators mask the fact that calculations are done with a finite number of bits and are thus still only approximations when dealing with real numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back