Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Apparently I got coal in my stocking this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an echo in here? ;)

When I first came onto the site as a " A Troll-Agog " or Eager Troll.

I found a wealth of information and people capable of helping anyone. I couldn't help but notice the lack of civility. On my part as a fledgling looking for guidance it seemed to me this site could do better. Since that time many people have come and gone ? Of those, some actually told me " when I became offended or was worried that I wouldn't get any help " they are now gone ?

I miss their contributions. But, I am glad to see the forum growing with people willing to help and able to cope with the frustrations of a newbie. It will never be perfect either for those new or those old. By your post's your an old timer. Sometimes old timers like me get a little crabby.

I'm actually glad I'm a newbie in Electronics.

kv

But those who rock the boat the most are usually the ones manning the oars! If you want to get some place you have to rock the boat and splash around and make waves. :)

I've never gotten anywhere without doing all the above and more! Its probably why my wheels squeak as well. The heavy loads of action over long periods of time tend to have that effect! :)

And also... Well if you have ever been in a horse drawn wagon you know what you spend most of your time looking at that thinks ITS leading the way and making all the decisions as well. Thats dealing with management basics 101. :rolleyes:

I have no idea who you got into it with and over what or why but I think your taking this far to seriously.
Put your pirate kitty avatar back and be done with it. :)

Last edited:
Oddly enough I recall another use wearing this avatar at another time, and it's haunting me =)

I mentioned the other day I needed a new avatar, mind you this is not what I had in mind =) This is a solem goal to do better, in both the avatar department and the making fun of hierarchical constructs department.

Now do you really want us suggesting replacement avatars? That seems like a bad idea with far to much mischief potential!

kitten mischief.jpg

Now it's buggin me, cause I keep thinking of someone when I see my Avatar, and it's not me! I know someone has used this before.

I can't remember but I think it was

Allvol ?

I've been banned, 24 hours, because I chose the option, not to receive Private Mail, which still think odd, why give the option. I'm just not big on Email. Actually, the moderator needed to get my attention, and of course no access to my regular Email. The transgression, I replied to a SPAM post. Been warned a couple of times, guess I hurt a few feelings, I'm subtle, not sensitive...
Huh? Without hijacking this thread, I would think a MOD would contact you via PM if you have no email addy. For that matter, how did you register and activate your account in the forum without an email addy.?

Huh? Without hijacking this thread, I would think a MOD would contact you via PM if you have no email addy. For that matter, how did you register and activate your account in the forum without an email addy.?

I have an Email address, mods don't have access to our private information we register with. Private Messages, are forum specific. I would have thought a mod could force a private notification, maybe its been fixed since then, couple of years since I was a hell-raiser. Wasn't that big a deal, I was more confused about being banned, and no idea what I could posted that was offensive. So, now my PMs are open to every college student looking for a final year project. Sometimes I get real messages too, but it hasn't been so bad.

AllVol sounds about right about the avatar.

As far as the e-mail goes I could have a problem there, as when the forum got hacked last week I change my e-mail password. Problem is I forgot it =O Now that Avatar really fits <snicker> I'm going through hoops with my ISP trying to get an old e-mail address I had with them back in order to allow Yahoo to send it the password reset notification. I don't much care for Yahoo, and it's not exactly hard to get a new e-mail address nowdays but I've had the same one since Yahoo has been offering free e-mail accounts and I don't wanna just give it up. Mainly my contact list and saved e-mails some of which are moderately important. When something like this happens you really kick yourself for not doing the common sense backups of key information.

Last edited:
Where did you hear the forum got hacked?

On the forum from Electromaster himself I believe! The whole site was down for a while and had problems outside of the new system update related issues.

I guess I completely missed that. All I had seen was the one guy saying his email address had been harvested.

Yeah, that post was probably unrelated, but the forum was compromised like the next day, and I was silly and the electro-tech and e-mail address passwords were the same so I changed the e-mail one just in case. It was a stupid hack that a lot of sites got hit with, the hacker didn't do much damage, just changed the pages displayed on some links for a bit.

It looks like things haven't improved here since I've been away.

I've looked through your posts and I couldn't find anything bad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think whether someone was provoked or not should be taken into account before hanging out a ban or infraction. If we were being paid to offer our help and advice then I would accept that we should have to put up with a certain amount of sh1t from people but we're not so allowances should be made when we do occasionally retaliate when provoked.

This may be one of the busiest electronics forums on the Internet but I think its success is more down to good marketing and a bit of luck, rather than how fair/unfair the administrator is. Anyway, I thought I'd give this place one more chance so I'll drop it for now.

Last edited:
It looks like things haven't improved here since I've been away........ This may be one of the busiest electronics forums on the Internet but I think its success is more down to good marketing and a bit of luck, rather than how fair/unfair the administrator is. Anyway, I thought I'd give this place one more chance so I'll drop it for now.

Well aren't we all the previledged ones! The "chosen one" is back to restore order and redeem our meager worth. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back