Anyone tried PDF Creator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might have used that at some point--I've certainly used PDF virtual printer devices. At the moment I just use the "PDF" printer presented by CUPS. Does everything I need (i.e. just sends the output to a PDF file in ~/PDF/). That's on Ubuntu 8.04.

Torben

Same here. I've been using it for a couple of years and it's been really useful! I think it's a must-have software.

I've never tried that on Linux.

The think I like about PDF Creator is that you can combine several print jobs into one PDF; can you do that with CUPS?

I've never tried that on Linux.

The think I like about PDF Creator is that you can combine several print jobs into one PDF; can you do that with CUPS?

Never tried, but I doubt it. I mean, it's probably possible to set up some scripts to handle it, but I don't think there's any GUI interface in the cups-pdf virtual printer. It just pretends to be a printer and drops the PDF file into ~/PDF. That's all I've needed so far so I haven't worried about it.

Torben

I prefer PrimoPDF for generating PDF's in windows
it installs as a printer driver and is really good

for linux? cups-pdf

open office.org also has a built in pdf creator, also basically a printer driver, but I install pdf creator as well, very handy indeed.

Help a lot if you want to send a document somewhere that you do not want altered in any way. Compresses well too.

I always print to file as a postscript and then use distiller to create the PDF

PDF Creator would be a better approach as all you need to do when creating the PDF is select print from your application, then a select printer window pops up and you select PDF creator instead of your printer. Viola ... PDF creator works with every app I have that has a print option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…