Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone tried PDF Creator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero999

Banned

Attachments

• Rectifier.pdf
    7.6 KB · Views: 382
I think I might have used that at some point--I've certainly used PDF virtual printer devices. At the moment I just use the "PDF" printer presented by CUPS. Does everything I need (i.e. just sends the output to a PDF file in ~/PDF/). That's on Ubuntu 8.04.

Torben

I have it installed on my PC and it works great.

Same here. I've been using it for a couple of years and it's been really useful! I think it's a must-have software.

I think I might have used that at some point--I've certainly used PDF virtual printer devices. At the moment I just use the "PDF" printer presented by CUPS. Does everything I need (i.e. just sends the output to a PDF file in ~/PDF/). That's on Ubuntu 8.04.

Torben
I've never tried that on Linux.

The think I like about PDF Creator is that you can combine several print jobs into one PDF; can you do that with CUPS?

I've never tried that on Linux.

The think I like about PDF Creator is that you can combine several print jobs into one PDF; can you do that with CUPS?

Never tried, but I doubt it. :) I mean, it's probably possible to set up some scripts to handle it, but I don't think there's any GUI interface in the cups-pdf virtual printer. It just pretends to be a printer and drops the PDF file into ~/PDF. That's all I've needed so far so I haven't worried about it.

Torben

I prefer PrimoPDF for generating PDF's in windows
it installs as a printer driver and is really good

for linux? cups-pdf :D

open office.org also has a built in pdf creator, also basically a printer driver, but I install pdf creator as well, very handy indeed.

Help a lot if you want to send a document somewhere that you do not want altered in any way. Compresses well too.

I always print to file as a postscript and then use distiller to create the PDF

PDF Creator would be a better approach as all you need to do when creating the PDF is select print from your application, then a select printer window pops up and you select PDF creator instead of your printer. Viola ... PDF creator works with every app I have that has a print option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back