Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone please help me how to wire a Dryer Motor for my micro Hydro power project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fujiyamaiputu

Anyone please help me how to wire a Dryer Motor for my micro Hydro power project.

Dryer Motor
Model:S58NXMSR-6957
1/4 H.P
230 Volts
1425/1725 R.P.M
1 Phase
Screenshot_20200311-234802_Gallery.jpg

Look for a motor with a P.M. field, it will be much easier, and AC induction motor is NOT a good choice.
Max.

A universal motor such as yours as mentioned is not a good choice, you could make it work by replacing the armature with neo magnets, but its a lot of effort.
You can make an induction motor make power by applying a impulse from a battery on one of its windings, however as max said still not an excellent choice.
A permanent magnet treadmill motor is a better one.

Yeah your right max I hadnt seen that.
4 pole is around 1440 rpm.
So giving the run winding a kick once the motor is turning may start the thing to generate, bit of a pain to do for something in common use.

1425hz in 50Hz 1725Hz on 60Hz (as the label says) ;)
I think a Universal motor for a dryer it would be a Centrifuge! :D
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back