Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know who makes this?, or where I can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
We use a fair amount of epoxy potting compound, we use 1Kg bags and also 50ml syringes, both of which we source from RS Components.

Unfortunately, RS are currently out of stock of the syringe packs, with no known delivery date!. So does any one recognise the pictures?, they come with nozzles separately, in packs of five - which is what we need. For a short term measure we got some MG 832HD - but it's 2.5 times the price, and only comes with one nozzle - which is rather wasteful. So does anyone know where we might source the RS type one - or know who makes it for them?.

Epoxy1.png
Epoxy2png.png

CPC in preston do a white potting compound in 500g bags..

Bags aren't a problem, we generally use 1kg bags, but also keep 500g and 250g bags for smaller jobs - but we need the syringe types as well for the much smaller jobs, and for where you need placement accuracy. Black is much preferred, even if a bit more expensive.

make sure you order the tips - ask which mixing tip works best. And the dispenser Gun to make enough pressure for the static mixing tip to work correctly.

IIRC Nigel you are in the UK.

In the US, I would say to check the SDS (safety data sheet) MUST list the manufacturer. You can find some amazing manufacturer info that way.

Edit: Skip the last statement.

Google leads me to https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/potting-compounds/0851044/

Which has an SDS link which give the following information:

Company name: RS Components Ltd
Birchington Road
Corby N
orthamptonshire
NN17 9RS
England
Tel: +44 (0) 845 850 9900
Email: RCustomerServicesUK@rs-components.com

Last edited:
I misread, you are only looking for the nozzles.

No, nozzles are fine, they are in stock - it's the epoxy that we can't get.

Contacting RS isn't a problem - but they don't manufacture it - and they told us they have no estimated delivery date.

The Loctite link from gophert looks promising, I'll investigate further on Friday when I'm back at work (it's my day off tomorrow! :D )

How about a brute search for the active ingredients from the data sheets and see if they turn up another manufacturer. My first search turned up ElectroLube ER1448B. I don't see a twin-cartridge option. But the more general fact is, there is a manufacturer making potting resin with that hardener. Must be more out there.

(P.S. this method also works to find a job. If you find one company that has your position, highly likely their competitors do too).

Hi NG

This looks remarkably like the RS two part tube with a different label on it .. ..

**broken link removed**

MM

Hi NG

This looks remarkably like the RS two part tube with a different label on it .. ..

**broken link removed**

MM

The tubes are an industry standard. The contents are the key. Corrosion, viscosity for proper mixing/curing, electrical snd thermal conductivity, shear strength, shrinkage on cure, ...

Hi NG

**broken link removed**

MM

Looks rather like it - and Farnells stock it :D

Farnells are out of stock as well, with no suggested delivery date :banghead:

So I've emailed Robnor, asking for where I might obtain stocks - I'll keep you posted.

OK, had a reply back from Robnor, they say they have orders from Farnell, and Farnell will have stocks in the next couple of weeks - however, Robnor have stocks themselves and are prepared to supply us direct, so we'll be getting in touch with them to see what they can do.

Thanks for your help everyone, and a good call on the Robnor one - we'd missed that at Farnell as there was no picture :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back