Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone know wat is TTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislu

hello...TTL is one of the buffer type.it is a input pin for my chip.but i donno wat is TTL...and what is it used for?do i need to take care of it when connecting my circuit...thanks

Transistor to Transistor Logic.

CMOS is static sensitive, but has higher input threshold.

We could probably help out some more if you gave more detail. As was said, TTL is transistor-transistor logic. Typically, you have a low value if the voltage is less than 0.4V, and a high value if the voltage is greater than 2.4V. Anywhere in between is indeterminate.

What chip are you using? It's spec sheet will probably have better values for you.

Thanks for your replies...according to your reply,for voltage below 0.4V will give us low logic and if greater 2.4V is high-logic right? The chip i m using is MCP2120.here i would like to focus on one of the input pin which is belong to TTL buffer type.i m not goin to use this pin but do i need to connect this pin to Vdd or Vss.if i leave the pin without commection would it affect my chip operation...Thanks in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back