Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know about making plink sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi again guys, don't worry nothing broken this time, just advice needed on producing a certain sound!

What I want is to produce a sound that is similar to the ones certain car alarms make when arming and disarming, a sort of plink noise, a bit like an electric water drop.

There must be a simple way of doing this, well by simple I mean without building a synth!!! hehehehe.

Anyway if anyone has such a circuit or any ideas on how it could be done either post it or PM me.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this...........Al :)

Just found an MP3 of the sound I'm looking for, please have a listen and see if you can help me.......Al

Attachments

• waterdrip.zip
    2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
The 'plink' you're talking about is a rappidly rising or decaying tone. Going from perhaps 400hz to 4000hz in 100ms's. Play around with variations in ascending or decending tone it's length and frequency depth till you get a sound you like. It sounds like complete crap generated from a square wave, it really needs to be sine or at least triangle or generated from a PWM signal of an out of band tone. The tone is usually repeated once. For an 8khz sample rate and 100ms's sample length you can use many audio program to generate the tones and it'll be 800 samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back