Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know a suplier of 56 TSSOP breakout boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

()blivion

I have a bare DS90CF581 that is paired with a laptop LCD I also have. I would like to protoboard the IC so I can play with driveing the LCD. Problem is the chip is in the **broken link removed** package, so virtually impossible to solder wires or similar to by hand without destroying it. Same story as with any other small pitch IC, one would normally just get a breakout board. I searched around and can't find one though :)/)

Anyone know a supply for this?
-()blivion

Last edited:
Thanks, I saw that already though. I should have specified more details. I want a through-hole board if at all possible, I don't like exactly how they do that one. And $12.50 is just a touch much IMO. I was looking at more around $5-10 per including shipping. But I'm just being supper freaking picky most likely. That same site has a through hole model, but it's giant, pricy, and made for prototyping on the break out board. I suppose I could do this, but it's not what I had in mind.

I may just have to suck it up and get the one you mentioned anyway. I'll give you +1 for your troubles in either case.
Thanks.

Nice site canadaelk, GREAT prices, but none of those are TSSOP 56 adapters. Closest one is the 48 pin SSOP, but that's quite a few pins short. Also, the site is based out of Australia. I'm in the states. And with those prices, that would end up costing me more in shipping than the actual boards cost. Plus the ages of wait time.

But still, thanks for trying.

Hummm.... panelizing a bunch of my own custom boards is an interesting idea, since I could then do some of the circuitry I need right on the breakout.

Thing is... I only need one.

Most of the pins of the chip I'm working with are GND, VCC, and the LSB's of the color data that I will not be using. I plan on only using the upper 4 bits of each color and tying to ground everything else. Doing this will cut down a significant amount on both how many wires I have running all over the place, and how much high speed signal I will have to deal with off board. But I need a through hole breakout to do this so I can put circuitry above, and below the chip, for the most optimum layout possible.

proto-advantage does a nice job even when there are glitches. I've ordered from them. Extremely satisfied. Your chip went south (obsolete) in 2009.

Sorry everyone, Am still watching this thread. Just have other things to do ATM.

@KISS: True about the chip. It is salvage out of a old Toshiba Satellite Pro Pentium1 Lappy. I only need to get things working once so I can reuse the LCD. It's a high speed chip, so I need to be careful about layout, custom PCB may be the only way to go. However it's not a "critical" project. So I need to spend next to nothing if I can. To the point that I was thinking of (EEK) dead bugging with high gauge enamel coated magnet wire.

@panic mode: Good to know, I didn't see that. Thanks.

@throbscottle: Ebay is the very first place I looked, I think you found results because you are in the UK ebay. Not that I'm complaining.

Thanks guys for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back