Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone in Australia getting a bit toastie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Brisbane (Queensland) we've been fairly lucky - most other large cities have had severe smoke haze. We had some about a month ago but all clear now. The worrying areas are the more rural areas - Bryan1 (not around so often now) lives in the Adelaide Hills which has been badly affected - hope he's OK. My eldest daughter lives about 2 hours west of here on a 150 acre property - they did have a fire nearby a few weeks ago but it got dealt with. As we're just into summer it is probably going to last another 3 or 4 months. However, despite what the world press is saying, it's not the worst fire season that Australia has had - hopefully it won't turn into it. Currently approx 6 million hectares have burnt, that's 60,000 sqkm - the UK is 240,000 sqkm so about 1/4 of the UK.

Mike.

Here in Brisbane (Queensland) we've been fairly lucky - most other large cities have had severe smoke haze. We had some about a month ago but all clear now. The worrying areas are the more rural areas - Bryan1 (not around so often now) lives in the Adelaide Hills which has been badly affected - hope he's OK. My eldest daughter lives about 2 hours west of here on a 150 acre property - they did have a fire nearby a few weeks ago but it got dealt with. As we're just into summer it is probably going to last another 3 or 4 months. However, despite what the world press is saying, it's not the worst fire season that Australia has had - hopefully it won't turn into it. Currently approx 6 million hectares have burnt, that's 60,000 sqkm - the UK is 240,000 sqkm so about 1/4 of the UK.

Mike.

Hola Mike,
Is that a regular occurrence for the season? Locally, in summer time in my province, Córdoba and in Mendoza, up in the hills, there are always some fires spreading. Once, my brother had it rather close from his home.

I recall discharging helicopters (Russian I believe) in Zárate. After being ready (in less than 24 hours), they took off from the storage area, straight to the West with no much ceremony for Customs or Coast Guard. At that time it was common for them to come every October (?) for firefighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back