Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone heard from tvtech lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there is some setting in the member profile that affect this, because I just checked a few other members and found this:
etomember.png

....which is before the date tvtech was last here.
:confused:

EDIT:
Think I have got it now....
It looks like he might have chosen not to show his online status/activity in his prefs, as is his right to do so:

prefs.png

I checked someone else, who I know hides his status and the result is the same.....regular members don't see, but It appears the Mods/Admin still do.

Last edited:
But what would you say if describing something that you were going to do on the 19th?
Would you say "on Sunday" or would you say "next Sunday"?

Are you sure that its not a sooth moother thing?

JimB
Aye Jim lad... A Soothen B'start thing..

I always take it literally and get in trouble when I say "next Sunday" meaning the 19th. I get told that the 19th is this Sunday and next Sunday is later in the month!!!!!! I get very confused in Australia when I ask a question and they answer "yes, no"!!!

Mike.

I get confused when computers ask a yes/no question and the only responses are OK and Cancel!

Going back long before Windows, it was common practice to include lines of code like "Press any key to continue" - this was a seriously poor idea, as the user could then press keys to end the program.

A better practice was to write "Press space bar to continue", or something similar.

then there is the favorite one:
Keyboard error
Press any key to continue.

==

It's basically the default options (OK/Cancel) and no one cares anymore.
You want to print a test page?
OK Cancel instead of Yes and No.

As OP, I have absolutely no problem with this thread drifting.
As you were....
:)

From what I know about tvtech I think that he would be delighted that a thread which was started about him, is now drifting all over the place.

JimB

From what I know about tvtech I think that he would be delighted that a thread which was started about him, is now drifting all over the place.

JimB
Seems to be the "new norm" (I'm quoting politicians now)

JimB
I'm alive. Thanks for posting Mickster.
Decided I'm not taking crap from noone anymore.

Especially pomptious people that actually know squat. We have many here in SA. It's guessing all the way.

Free for all. Best guess wins. Owner of the business is doing Flat Screens. His technician is GOOGLE. No experience. Using GOOGLE to repair stuff....

Anyway, that's his lot to deal with. I rather stick with what I know. CRT.

I have NEVER been so busy. Just doing what I know best. And not taking **** from any customers....no Google needed for me. I've been doing CRT for too long.

ANC supporters here know my disdain for them. They know I am sick and tired of helping them while they continually vote their thieving ANC into power. So I punish.

If I wake up in a bad mood I start rejecting TV's. I find myself looking for reasons to not repair a TV. There is no one else that will help them. Kinda like culling weak game on a farm.

Look again..and more CRT's in the line waiting to be fixed. Never ending.

It's gotten to the stage where I have no more passion for fixing things for people that support and vote for people that steal I don't steal. I'm done helping those that do. If I can get my hands dirty through doing honest work, so can they.

Rant over,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back