Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone heard from tvtech lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He repeatedly stated that he was going to stop coming here?, perhaps he did?.

However, he 'might' have succumbed to Covid19?, I don't think it's been handled well in South Africa?.

Just look at his profile (click on his name), he was here last Sunday.

JimB

1594819555223.png

A regular member does not see that, like Pommie stated above.

Last sounds like a week and a half... It was only Sunday just gone..

Hmmm...
I detect a bit of semantic differential going on here.

When I look at a calendar and count back, I find that the last time there was a Sunday was on the 12th July, which makes "last Sunday" as three days ago.

I find a similar incongruity with some TV announcers.
In the break between programmes, they will say something like:
"Next here on Channel Turgid is a programme about something interesting",
"and NOW we have some drivel for you".

Which when analysed, means that in the next minute we will have a hour of drivel, and an hour later we will have an hour of something interesting.

All in all badly phrased, no wonder the place is going to the dogs!
Is it me? or are they all out to get me?

JimB

Yeah it does, I just tried you and it said you were viewing this thread 8 minutes ago.
It does if the member has been on very recently, but perhaps it disappears after a couple of days for a regular member?
This is what I get, vs what DerStrom8 shows above and the other Mods seem to get:

tvtech.png

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyway, he was here last Sunday at 9:27 AM (presumably that's converted to my timezone, so EST).

I don't see "last seen" either. I thought I used to see "browsinng xyz" thread" etc maybe that's been taken away. I thought I used to see "last seen" time.

I thought I used to see "browsinng xyz" thread" etc maybe that's been taken away.
That’s towards the bottom of the forum list, in the “Members online” box, beneath “Latest posts”. Hover over the member’s name.

I detect a bit of semantic differential going on here.
EH?? Semantic what now! I normally say on Sunday I did this, but Last Sunday I did that... Must be a Sassenach thing..

I hope he is doing well. And continue to post here.

His posts are seldom boring, and I value his colorful point of view.

I normally say on Sunday I did this, but Last Sunday I did that...
But what would you say if describing something that you were going to do on the 19th?
Would you say "on Sunday" or would you say "next Sunday"?

Must be a Sassenach thing..
Are you sure that its not a sooth moother thing?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back