Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone have experience with the 16F77?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Wilder-

This page has PIC bitbang send and receive, they are in C but the principle is easy to understand (and convert to asm) and a clever TMR1 timing trick is shown for the serial period;
Bit bang serial - PIC 18F1320

These pages should be of interest to you, it's a minimal MIDI-out drums controller using a PIC 16F and just 2 resistors;
MIDIbash project concept
MIDIbash 2 with PIC source code
The second link has PIC source code where the MIDI-out code is bit banged and done in assembler.

Thanks for those! I completely understand what's going on now!

On another note I think I'm gonna go with the 16F887 instead of the 16F77. Looks like it has the same stuff as the 77 but at 1/2 the cost.

Mike I will be ordering up some of those serial driver ICs. Gonna have a few places I can use them in this particular device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back