Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody Tried These New Light Bulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visitor

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put standard E27 base metal caps on a set of salt and pepper shakers?

Or maybe these are those new "no visible parts" bulbs?

20201217_164850.jpg

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put standard E27 base metal caps on a set of salt and pepper shakers?

Or maybe these are those new "no visible parts" bulbs?

View attachment 128565
Salt and Pepper shakers? Those look more like circuit-breaker testers?

haahhaa damn it, but it looks very cool, very original! Can you tell me where you bought this, I think my wife will really like it, and she also wanted things for pepper and salt

They are a set in my hotel room in Mexico. No clue where they may be been purchased.

For added adventure, I have seen similar bulbs at Walmart, filled with metal paperclips. That type has a true center contact on the bottom, insulted from the threads with a metal rivet in the middle. Screw it in and see if you can get some sparks!

There was an old thriller movie, which I can’t remember its name, in which a soviet agent assassinated a regime critic who had defected to West Germany, using precisely that technique.

There was an old thriller movie, which I can’t remember its name, in which a soviet agent assassinated a regime critic who had defected to West Germany, using precisely that technique.
I vaguely remember a similar theme but the bulb was partially filled with petrol or high explosive. Not too sure how effective either would be.

Mike.

I vaguely remember a similar theme but the bulb was partially filled with petrol or high explosive. Not too sure how effective either would be.

Mike.
Without thinking much about details, the amount of liquid should be rather small compared to the bulb volume to ensure an reasonable gas "chamber" to get the right mix with air; not too lean not too rich.

The correct stoichiometric ratio.
All my experience on these matters comes from my times in tankers carrying crude, fuel, diesel or even LPG but never byproducts.

The concept of an vessel empty after discharging any of the above, being more dangerous than when fully loaded with the same cargo is the first you get. The inert gas system is a brute force solution bringing peace of mind and safety to the operation.

I am used to think in terms of percentages albeit I quit tankers long long time ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back