Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody here that buys fake stuff to impress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a big name watch too, "Casio" ha ha. Now you know you got a good watch when you see "Casio" on the front :)

Actually, a good Casio watch isn't a bad investment; I wear a Casio Illuminator digital watch I purchase some years ago for about $80.00 - most expensive watch I own. I had been buying el-cheapo digital watches, but the cheap rubber/plastic bands kept breaking. At some point I decided to try a metal band watch, found the Casio, gritted my teeth and bought it. I'm not sure how many years I have owned it (maybe a decade or more?), but I have gotten my money's worth.

I'm now wanting to buy another, but I haven't had any luck finding another watch with a metal band (not even a Casio) that wasn't an analog watch. I prefer digital (I like having a stopwatch, alarm, etc).

I figure if I -must- have an analog watch to get a metal band, then I plan to have my father's old Seiko Sportsmatic Deluxe 5 restored; it still runs good - it's an auto-winding watch, so no batteries are needed, but I need to get a new crystal installed (I managed to find one on Ebay - brand new, still in pouch!), plus I need to have one of the "pips" on the dial re-attached (it currently rattles around inside the watch face, and jams the hands occasionally).

Fake crap lasts as long as it costs. What you pay for in goods is quality and satisfaction, if you go cheeping out on your goods you'll notice that it just stresses you out and makes you look/feel tacky.
For example I invest in sound equipment quite a lot and that is an area where the amount you pay is almost directly proportional to the quality speaker/amp you get, even though buying the real deal cost 100s/1000s more

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back