Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any tips to track down and purchase a component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontyc

I just have to replace a bridge rectifier in a treadmill controller board (KBJ2506) and, having been out of the electronics game for a long time now, am having trouble finding one, or an equivalent.

What would be a suggested process to track down something like this? Are there any cross-reference sites or big component suppliers that people typically try first?

Ah great, that put me on the right track.

In Australia, so digikey and mouser want $30-$40 postage. Bit hard to swallow for a $2 component but at least there is an option (assuming the GBJ casing is close enough to the KBJ I've got).

Unfortunately Newark, which is Element14 in Australia don't do a similar enough case and RS Components minimum qty 15. :(

Thanks, I'll keep on looking until I bite the dust and just pay the postage.

Last edited:
Jaycar and Altronics are the 2 main component suppliers in Oz

I only go to Element14 and RS if I really have no choice ;)

the case type may not be important, as long as the bridge fits in the space available and has the appropriate ratings

Dave

Last edited:
Jaycar/Altronics no go for this thanks anyway.

The rectifier I pulled out was bolted on to a big heatsink which the PCB was also mounted to, so I haven't got much flexibility there I guess.

Last edited:
Ebay is always the first place I look. But can you make a new mounting hole in the h/s so a different one will fit? Maybe even with flying leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back