Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any suggestions for my yearly electronics project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrous_oxide

Hey,

im in year 10 this year and i have to do a major project for electronics that will keep me busy for a few weeks, by the sounds of it its obviously going towards a few marks and im stuck for ideas.

I was thinking of something simple that will impress my teacher, so i was thinknig a simple jarcar kit but one that will slide into a pci slot and use 12v from it if it can give off that much. so... i was wodering if anyone had a diagram on the electronics of a pci slot so i could make a pcb the right width to slide in.

or if anyone has suggestions on what else i could do please tell me

Cheers,

-Jake

ive just been told that pci slots only give off 3.3volts which isnt too usefull, but does anyone else have any ideas for what i could do :S?

There are loads of ideas on the Velleman website. I am making an electronic people counter for my college project, by attaching a counter to an InfraRed beam break detector. Here is the link for the IR beam breaker:
https://www.velleman-kit.com click on Velleman Kit>>>Kit Products>>>Minikits, go to page 3 and scroll down to MK120

To make it more complicated I am making it a dual beam counter, so it only counts when beam 1 then 2 is broken and not the other way round. But its up to you, just an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back