Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Suggestion for Intelligent Home Automation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertan2002

Hi everyone,

I need any suggestion about intelligent home automation. I am developing a project which doesnt have wireless system. and I've been designed 3 kind of model. I and my friend are thinking that which kind model is better for autmation system.

1-
this model is the most logical for me.
pic pins connect to circuits which are infront of each rooms at home. (called as dağıtıcı devre) these circuits get values from pic and after they control their responsible room. I will make these circut (dağıtıcı devre) circuits as much as rooms count. This model is the cheapst as I understood and has easy design

**broken link removed**

2-

This model supoorted by my friend who thinks this option is the best. He thinks that is expandable model. After year, when we develop new features for device, to addopt is easier than others. I think that he is right. But as you see in image, there are decoder circuits (çözücü devre) which connect each systems (such as lamp, motor..) When pic sents value (sample: 10001011) to system, this value will go to whole decoders which will compare that value with their own value in (like rom) and which is equal, the decoder will allow to open/close system of the decoder.
When we want to add new features to system, just will create a new decoder circuit and after rewrite pic. just that. But the another side, we have to program all decoder circuits differently.. because they will have an uniqe code (like 10101001 ) which will compare with pic's sent value

this system looks like star bustopology of network

**broken link removed**

3-

third one looks more expensive model that connects to system directly. We dont need any decoder circuit. We just use a multiplexer to have many output after connect to system.. Its easy to control. we will just set which pin is logic-1 or logic-0 and after system which connects the pin will work. But we will use much cable to design system. It looks expensive and difficult..

**broken link removed**

Well, they are designing of system.. I need your suggestion. Which is the best for home automation. Or my designings are horrible .. I am curious what you think..

I hope, I explained my problem well

Thank you

Edit: Sorry for turkish.. I thought that are not important.. Well I am translating..

Bilgisayar = Computer
Sistem = System
sistemde pice feedback = Feedback from System to Pic
picten sisteme komut = Command from Pic to System
Çıkış Pini = Output pin
Giriş Pini = input pin
Dağıtıcı Devre= like reciever circuit
çözücü devre= encoder circuit
çoğullayıcı=multiplexer
mutfak= kitchen
oturma odası=living room
çocuk odası=room for children
yatak odası=bedroom

thank you

Last edited:
hi ertan,
It would be helpful if you translated the [Turkish.?] names in your diagram to English.

Thank you.

Moderation

sorry, I was thinking that wasnt important. I translated turkish words in my first message..
Thank you for attention

I would say option one. The digital device for each room could just be a pic monitoring each room and uses a wireless device to talk to the central pick or Node?

One of the questions is how to make each room have a different address with out changing the code.
>Use dip switches.
>Store the address in EEPROM.
>Connect a POT to an analog input and set the POT to 1 or 10 positions.
>Have a self programming mode where you put the device in program mode then through the serial port tell it what address to respond to.

If the computer in the middle is a PIC they have a small number of serial ports. That is why networks with addresses work well.

I have used '9 bit serial data' in a network. If the 9th bit =1 then this is data. If the 9th bit =0 then this is a address and every little PIC needs to test if this is my address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back