Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any ideas on how to place a 5 volt relay into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seefeldt81

Any ideas on how to place a relay into this?

Any ideas on how to place a relay into this?
**broken link removed**
I want to open and close a external circuit when something interrupts the beam.

thank you

Last edited:
Here is how I would do it. For the simulation, I didn't have a separate model for an emitter and detector, so I just varied the resistance on the input LED on the opto-coupler to simulate modulating the light coupled across the gap in your opto-interupter. The opto-coupler is a reasonable proxy for the opto-interupter.

In your application, just use the 270Ω, or increase it if you can get by with less sensitivity. I set it up so the relay is pulled-in when the beam is broken. Currents and voltages are plotted as a function of the resistance of R2.

Attachments

• Draft39.png
    Draft39.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back