Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antennas: 434MHz versus 868MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU requirements: I doubt if in the south of France they heard of it, let alone care about.

Why is it that those who know least about radio consider that it is ok to vomit all over the electromagnetic spectrum, just because they cannot see an immediate problem?

JimB

Why is it that those who know least about radio consider that it is ok to vomit all over the electromagnetic spectrum, just because they cannot see an immediate problem?

JimB
I did not say I don't care. I said what the prevailing attitude is someplace :D

JimB
Fortunately, with new technologies such as spread spectrum (CDMA), they have an inherent resistance to jamming, or operation in a noisy spectrum. But yeah, spewing across the EM band is still bothersome.

Fortunately, with new technologies such as spread spectrum (CDMA), they have an inherent resistance to jamming, or operation in a noisy spectrum. But yeah, spewing across the EM band is still bothersome.
This thread started with a question about 434 vs 868MHz antennas and still is not resolved (see my prior post).
Why some who feel disagreement about something find it ok to vomit over a thread with unrelated content is beyond my understanding.

The only way to know if something will work, is to try it and see.

But I would tend to try the HC-12 modules, and proper aerials, and see how that works - it's a cheap and easy solution.

The only way to know if something will work, is to try it and see.

But I would tend to try the HC-12 modules, and proper aerials, and see how that works - it's a cheap and easy solution.
Hi, ok good idea too, thank you. I do have enough HC12 modules to experiment with in this project as well as try to set one up in a repeater role.
Two RFM95 modules I have will be used in a LORA test; I will let you know the results. It may be several months to get to that because this is when time is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back