Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I've got the forumla for antenna length: 486/frequency in MHZ=Antenna length in feet. I'm gonna transmit somewhere 'round 88-108 MHZ, and I'm wondering if I can use magnet wire to make my antenna shorter. Is there any other ways as well?

You can add a loading coil to reduce the length of the antenna. The coil depends on frequency and placement of the coil, among other things.

Thanx, i'll try that. Say I put a certain uh coil in series w/ my antenna, what would the length of the antenna be? Could anyone give me any formulas to explain this? Any other ideas on how to sorten me antenna? Thankee

Best to get your hands on a good antenna book or find a site that deals with this stuff. That might help you zero in on what it is that you are trying to do so we can help you with more specific questions.

does anyone know of any good sites about this subject, cuz i tried 2 find one by googling it, but i couldn't find 1. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back