Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashmanic

hey professionals...

i am a student...i had to work on a signal processing project...anyhow i jus decided to build a low cost mobile detector..

i just took an antenna from a fm radio and attached it to a bandpass filter (range 890 mhz to 960 mhz). i built the 2 pole bandpass filter using some pots, 2 741's and a couple of resistors n capacitors...

i set it up on a breadboard,the prob now is that although it seems to detect incomin or outgoing mobile signals, its range is rather weak. just maybe 2 metres radius max....can some one tell me how to boost its receiving range...not too much, i want it to detect maybe arnd a 4-5 metre radius detecting range...

well, electronics products are better, but i m tryin to build it with some simple components...coz my project requirements are such tht i should not use ready made products...

and to the earlier question....by electronic components i mean basic amp ics, resistors, capacitors, etc...

well, i just want to show an o/p on the CRO. when i had tried the circuit on a breadboard earlier in my college lab, it showed square waves as o/p in the CRO whenever i made a call or recieved a call...which is exactly i wanted...but i wanted to increase the recieving range...i will attach the circuit design shortly...

i tried attaching a pdf file to this reply...hope this works...forgive my lack of knowledge...i m sorta new to posting on forums...

Attachments

• sloa093 7.pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 307
initially i used a disc capacitor of value 1pf with short lead length to make it act a mini ghz loop antenna....i attached the o/p of the capacitor to the inputs of the CA3130...whose o/p i then connected to a BC548 to further amplify the i/p signal...although this also worked, its range was horrible and it could detect a single frequency and not a range of frequency....

so therefore i had to resort to the current design...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back