Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another way to skin a cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Man

A circuit that detects slight motion from about 1/2 inch or less away, if the motion continues for several minutes a timer circuit fires if not, it resets.
maybe using a ir emitter detector, just rooting around for other ideas. The basic point is I need to detect slight motion, and differentiate between whether or not it continues.. rubbing against speaker may not be the way to go here.

P.S Roff Your schematic you posted for me is ingenious :) Still gonna try that too!

Last edited:
Hello again, Gman. Is this your 4th website?
Before you were rubbing the speaker-generator. Now with distance you need majic.

No 3, whats wrong with getting several ideas?
I don't need any magic, just a few good unconventional engineers and their very valuable opinions about what I'm asking.
This is a forum, is that not what it's for? The topic is "Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews" Note the word IDEAS, this is what I'm looking for.
So your issue with what I'm doing here is?....

G_Man said:
So your issue with what I'm doing here is?....
The output from your speaker is very low but you don't want a preamp.
You want a time delay but you don't want to use an ordinary 555 timer IC.
You want a simple circuit but you were shown a very complicated circuit.

You have two threads about this project on some of the websites.
It is top secret so nobody knows what you are doing or why.

Never said I didn't want a preamp.
I AM using a 555.
At least Roff showed me something to work off of, not "Oh you can't do it" like I got from you.
It's my prerogative to keep my ultimate goal a secret, is it not?
Those who have actually helped me will know, and if this goes the way I perceive it will, a check from me as well as a token of my appreciation.

What business is it of yours how many Forums I go to anyway?

I'm here to get ideas not a hard time....

Last edited:
Anything is easy if you know how to do it. :rolleyes:

So, you tell me, is there a way to detect motion with a IR emitter/detector?

Last edited:
Shine IR on something that moves and has a reflective surface (mirror?).
Detect and amplify the reflection.
My optical mouse does it with a visible LED.

A PIR motion detector detects moving heat from people fairly far away.
I haven't tried one very close.

The surface is already fairly reflective, not smooth either. This could be an option.. Motion should be easy to detect by reflection. This might be the way to go.
Now do you wanna help?

Doesn't a mouse use a small ccd?
I don't think a PIR would work either..

Last edited:

Attachments

• motion Detector.JPG
    motion Detector.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips