Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, i wonder why it didn't burn the wall when he was waving it around?

lol

You can buy lasers that are capable of lighting matches and popping balloons, but they still wouldn't "burn a wall".

But to suggest you can take a low power laser from a DVD player and use that to create a high power version... yeah whatever.

Brian

shouldn't it still leave a dark spot where the laser was?

Hey, Doctor Who is a great show... :p

But if the laser can light a candle, then why wouldn't it do anything to the wall?

edit: assuming that the wall is made of combustible material

paint is not too combustible after it drys and all of those hardeners have evaporated out, well if it is anything like bondo that is what happens. for bondo at least it is the fumes that are combustible.

Marks256 said:
Hey, Doctor Who is a great show... :p

But if the laser can light a candle, then why wouldn't it do anything to the wall?

edit: assuming that the wall is made of combustible material
If I remember correctly, it didn't light a candle it lit the tip of a match. Only a little concentrated heat is required to do the latter.
If it did the former, then it's even more of a hoax than I thought!

Brian

i hate it when i am wrong... :mad:...... :)

You can magically light a candle without direct contact. Hold a lit match up to 3cm from the inverted candle wick and enjoy the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back