Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another music video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Hi,

Just thought I'd post a link to another music video from my daughter, this is a video her and Charlie have done for their GCSE Media Studies course work. It's based on their song "Tea Is Herbal", and they just finished editing it today.

**broken link removed**

Dr. Em might be interested in a couple of short scenes with Melissa playing the drums and later the piano, and there are a couple of short gig scenes as well. Quite a lot is filmed at school, and some at Donut Studios, and even a section where they 'rob' a Lidl supermarket - the Lidl staff kindly gave permission for this!.

From what I can gather?, the theme is that smoking dope might cause hallucinations?.

Hi, don't often check this part of the forums. Yeah, I remember some freinds doing media productions, but for A level. I think your right with your analogy there :)

She plays drums as well then? Who plays on the recording? I suppose the recording is done at Donut, did you help do it?

Dr.EM said:
Hi, don't often check this part of the forums. Yeah, I remember some freinds doing media productions, but for A level. I think your right with your analogy there :)

There seems some serious blurring between subjects these days, quite a lot of crossover between English, IT, and Music :D

She plays drums as well then?

She doesn't claim to be good on drums, although a new year 7 said she was a 'great drummer' the other day. It wouldn't take her long to be a good drummer - but she can't have a drum kit!, NO WAY!!!!.

In order of ability she plays:

Bass (5 string, 4 string, and fretless).
Piano and keyboards.
Flute.
Guitar.
Drums.
Xylophone.

And sings of course, she's yet to gig on drums or flute.

Who plays on the recording?

I think it was Tom?, the old drummer, the recording was done earlier this year.

I suppose the recording is done at Donut, did you help do it?

Yes it was at Donut - I'm not allowed anywhere near! :p

Melissa is now an OCN qualified Sound Engineer, and Charlie (guitarist in the video) has just started the course this September. I'm not sure who was the actual recording engineer on the session?, but presumably Melissa helped to mix it.

I'm only allowed to buy her things, drive her about at any time of the day or night, and (begrudgingly) provide and run the PA for any non-Donut gigs! :D

BTW, the teacher in the Video is Mr. Burnley (English), and apparently he really enjoyed throwing Charlie out! :)

she dresses similar to my daughter--- punk-goth or whatever it's called these days.

HiTech said:
she dresses similar to my daughter--- punk-goth or whatever it's called these days.

Yes, I've no problem with that - goths are generally the more intelligent and better behaved of the sub-cultures. Do you have 'chavs' over there?.

Dr.EM said:
yep, goth > chavs anyday :D

I can honestly say me, nor any of my freinds, have ever been part of any sub-culture. I suppose we fit into the nerd/geek category really, but it's never seemed that way too much :D

She basically does her own thing, she's probably the only 'goth' in her entire school - in class the other year they had to write a line to describe other people in the class. Charlies girlfriend Fiona wrote about Melissa "she has the confidence to be different" - which I thought was rather telling?.

I don't know if you noticed the short piano playing scene?, but if you did, did you notice the number of bracelets Melissa was wearing?. Her school are VERY, VERY strict on uniform, and you are only allowed to wear ONE thin bracelet! - other students would be sent home, but Melissa ignores the rules with impunity! (and not just bracelets). You might also have noticed the nail varnish? - only clear nail varnish is allowed!.

I can only imagine she gets special treatment because she's a top student?, along with the fore mentioned Fiona, they are the two top students in the school.

Anyway, on a good point from school, we've just managed to get the music teacher fired! :D
After a long series of complaints from us they are bringing a part time teacher in for Melissa and Charlie (the only two 'real' music students in year 11), and have sacked the current useless one - he was supposed to leave at Christmas, but apparently walked out a week last Friday (when he found out about the part time teacher coming :D ). Their new temporary teacher is actually an LEA examiner, brought in by the headmaster to evaluate Melissa and Charlie following our complaints. The old teacher forecast Melissa for a C+ and Charlie for a C at GCSE - Melissa is forecast to get A's and A*'s in ALL other subjects, and Music is her strongest subject!. The examiner checked all their work in all subjects, listened to their GCSE performance recordings, and then asked them a series of questions about what they had done in Music lessons - the result was they had absolutely nothing off the syllabus!. But based on their preformance recordings, she forecasts at least A's for them both - based on the lessons she's got time to teach them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back