Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

another circuit simulator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

Does anyone know of a circuit simulator that is very easy to use and can simulate a lm3915 VU meter IC?

I'm trying to do some simulations for the LED's in my roof, so I need to simulate 8 74hc299 shift registers, a LM3915, and a couple of 555 timers
and how can I simulate an audio/music signal?

Thanks for your help.

I've just checked my pspice (9.2) and EWB (5.12) versions and they don't have this model.
But, I found this website which has a LM3915 model for switchercad III
**broken link removed**

As I have never used switchercad (All I know that it is free for download from https://www.linear.com/), I can't tell you how easy is it to use or if it already has a built in LM3915 circuit model.

As for simulating audio signal, I don't think that anything short of Matlab's Simulink can do a good job. Although, one suggestion would be to consider creating a lookup table that contains audio amplitude and do a transient simulation on it. I know that pspice allows you to create these lookup tables (I am not sure what is the max size of table that it can handle though) through their ABM parts list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back