anologue to digital converters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpsimply

can anyone help me with these? i dont need help with PCM anymore. ive researched a lot and broken it down into its blocks. though i do need help with A/D conversion. can anyone help me with a circuit diagram or basic component list? thnx guyzhse! 8)

ADC0804/ADC0820 will be easiest to use. These are 8-bit ADCs with quite good performance at medium speeds.

I'm a believer in the old concept of 'Teach a man to Fish...'

The method most of us use is to first find a chip which will suit the application, download the datasheet, and use the sample circuits to build what you require. An 8-bit ADC would be best to start off with.
For example, "ADC0804LCN" is such a chip and looking in www.maplin.co.uk will get you a circuit for this device.

Simple as that!

Attachments

• 2418i1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 824
denidoank said:
what's the different between analogue ground and digital ground

Simply to help prevent digital noise from entering the input of the A2D, you should design your PCB accordingly - keeping analogue and digital sections as seperate as possible.

and then connect the two GNDs (digital and analogue) at one low-imedance point (star-point) to the main power-supply GND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…