Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

animated corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasm

i was looking through your sight and started checking out the robotics stuff and came up with another idea i could use some help on.
i said that i was fixing up a hearse (72 caddy). ive got a buddy of mine working on gitting me a coffen. im thinking of trying to build a corpse for it that would be simi animated, id like for it to work kinda like the old teddy rupskin, jaw moving to sound, exept if i remember right the teddy worked off of a clicking sound that was only heard if played in a casset player(left/right ch.) it was thinking more along the line of a small tape player in the torso, a speaker in the head, and a way of ativating a servo to actuate the jaw with the sound being played. not consernd with eye movement. has any one worked on animatronics? (if you havent fugered it out by now my spelling is poor i tend to spell phaneticaly sorry)

and it would be a plus if i could use old vcr's and such. i have an abundance of dc moters, vcr's,and other junk ive been taking apart for as far back as i can remember(im a packrat) gust to play with led's/moters

sorry to all on this forum, but phantasm, it would be easyer if you used just pure mechanics... like the firts automates...
with step motors, and normal motors and the right combination of distances and powers, you can make a real neat thing!

supplyer

You should look at cowlacious.com they offer exactly what you looking for, pretty much premad, or in kit form.
You could also use a small pneumatic system to make the corpse sit and and start talkings, and you could use a servo to make the head move back and forth, running on a simple microcontoller.
if you have a huge budget, skulltronxs makes a nice product, just goodle the name, they make an awesome yet pricy product,
hope this helps

LOL his only other post was
exoust flame throwers Ive been searcing the web for flame throwers for a hearse im building, i have found many kits. i was wandering if any one has ideas on how to build a controle box for one. ive come up with a way of do it macanicaly witha distibuter and electric moter, but it would be to bulky. i have a very basic understanding of electronics(ive fixed a few VCRs, radios), so any ideas, scimatics, web sites would be helpfull.

I think he'll find Aaron Cakes website more helpful. Flames, Corpses & Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back