Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Storage Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends, I recently had this question daunting in my mind very badly..I googled almost a week and found nothing..Are there any good analog signal storing devices. If i'm not wrong Tapes can store analog signals right. I want persistent storage, the analog signals must be stored even when the power is off.. Are there any compact nice persistent analog storage devices. Tapes are huge and bulky no...I want something else..

If you truly want to store analog signals without first converting them to digital, then the two old time options are an analog tape (a microcassette is about as small as it gets), or vinyl records, also not very small. An even more ancient device is a wire analog audio recorder, which used a long length of magnetic wire wound on a spool.

From these examples, you can see why everything has gone digital.

what are you trying to do? How much of a signal are you trying to store? In general, digital is going to be a lot easier.

You can convert analogue signals into digital you know, which is the cheapest and most efficient way of doing it.

How much time are we talking here? Microseconds or Hours?

What bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back