Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog circtuits and program microprocessors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallabybob

I have no experience with electronics but i was wondering if some one could please give
me information on building a small electronic device utilizing analog circuits and program
microprosessors. I need something that could phase shift sound frequencies eg,
between 100 to 7000 Hz. The general idea is to be able to convert a sound frequency
sequentially through a 6 degree phase shift for 30 seconds, through to 360 degrees for
30 minutes. In other words the process would start at 6 degrees and then ramp to
12 degrees, 18, 24, 30 etc each for 30 seconds up to 360 degrees. The process is a
noise sound frequency cancellation technique that acts like a shotgun effect.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I dont know how to build something like this, so i
will be relying on somebody else to design this instrument. Thanks johnny

I'm not totally clear on what you are trying to do. Do you want to shift actual sound and have it still recognizable but higher frequency? It sounds like you're trying to do something very complex which would involve integrating the signal, but please explain what you are trying to accomplish a bit more clearly if you can so we can figure out if it's a thing we can help you with.

re sound phase shifting

I'm not totally clear on what you are trying to do. Do you want to shift actual sound and have it still recognizable but higher frequency? It sounds like you're trying to do something very complex which would involve integrating the signal, but please explain what you are trying to accomplish a bit more clearly if you can so we can figure out if it's a thing we can help you with.

Triode, Let me begin by saying i am not clued up with electronics, so its been hard to
explain it in electronic terminology, but day by day i am learning a little. Basically what i am trying to do is phase shift cancellation of a given frequency eg, say 7000 Hz in this case, I need to phase shift the signal at 6 degrees for 30 seconds, followed by 12 degrees for 30 seconds then 18, 24, 30 etc, through to 360 degrees over a period of
30 minutes. Every 30 seconds their is a phase shift of 6 degrees, which should equate to about 60 phase shifts over the 30 minute cycle. This phase shifting should cancel out the original 7000 Hz signal. I need to design a small electronic device capable of selecting a given frequency from about 100 Hz to 15000 Hz that can phase shift any sound frequency. The process is sound cancellation of perceived sound signals.
One member of the forum has thankfully mentioned that i may need Analog circuits as well as Microprocessors to build the unit. If anyone out there could help me with this
project i would be more than happy to compensate them for their time. Thanks johnny

hi,
What is the source of the 7KHz signal also what is the amplitude and waveform??

Is the project anything to do with the treatment of tinnitus.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back