Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AN843 Induction motor speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJIT VK

I have completed A 3 phase Induction motor speed controller (AN 843 microchip) as standard 3 phase input power supply (440 Volt)
Here I ask to you , is it possible to work with 200 volt Input ? I have tried to apply 200 volt input motor (motor also 200 volt) working
fine in forward direction. When turn on in reverse mode output fluctuating and fault light blinking.If trying to check the output voltage,
means connect to the multimeter prob on output connector(motor side) that time also going fluctuation.when I touch the motor with hand
the process happening.I think the problem about negative side.or the value of ripple capacitor.any help please.

Obviously if working with the same size motor, the current will be double the 440v version.
You may want to try earth grounding the frame if the supply has galvanic isolation from the AC supply.
Max.

Did you modify the necessary components in the circuitry to work correctly with the lower input voltage? o_O

If not then that may be where your problem is coming from.

Thanks for the valuable replies.
As per your advice I connected earth wire
Negative to frame the problem almost solved. But I can 't see any componants which is change to low voltage input.
I used IRF740 mosfet for switching the out put stage.

What is your country of origin?
It should be a true earth conductor not a neutral, depending on galvanic isolation of the controller.
Max.

A reference point for those who don't know what an AN843 is or does.

It's a three phase VFD of sorts based on PIC18F4520 type microcontrollers and a IR21362 High side/low side driver IC.

AN843 overview.
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00843a.pdf

PIC18F4520
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39631E.pdf

IR21362.
http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/ir2136.pdf

Negative to frame the problem almost solved. But I can 't see any componants which is change to low voltage input.
I used IRF740 mosfet for switching the out put stage.

I'm referring to the logic drive side of the circuit. Does it have the correct and clean DC voltages as needed to run the IC's (5 volt and 15 volt DC) and other control components?

Same with the HV DC power (~280 volt DC) that is supplied to the motor drive part of the power circuits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back