Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An Interesting Product Find: USB C to 4 UART Module

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
I came across an investing find: a USB C to 4 × TTL UART adapter. This is essentially a USB hub with 4 USB–UART adapters. Plug it into your computer, and 4 com ports will be available.

SmartSelect_20230329_082238_Edge.jpg

So what would you use this for? Suppose you're working on several microcontrollers in some kind of network. Instead of a USB hub, a mess of USB cables and USB-UART adapters, all of this is combined in one small board.

In my case, I have a variety of small panel-mount devices, including buck and buck/boost power supplies, a temperature meter (more of a thermostat with relay output) , an electronic load, a PWM motor driver and others. Many of these modules have UART interfaces for control and data logging. A collection of ~$10 modules and you have the start of an automated test system. How about a test system where you can automate battery charging with controllabe voltage/current with temperature monitoring with over-temperature disconnect, then automatic discharging at controllable rates?

A couple examples of modules I have, all in the same panel-mount enclosure. The "Frequency Meter" is actually a PWM signal generator despite the label.

SmartSelect_20230329_082324_Edge.jpg

SmartSelect_20230329_082435_Edge.jpg

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back