Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifying Cheap Sound Module??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blort1961

Is there a easy way to amplify the output of a cheap sound module to a regular PM speaker (4-8cm or so), that NORMALLY drives a small piezo speaker??
Thanks.
PS-simply adding a small PM speaker seems to kill the output of the module

A piezo transducer is fairly high impedance, maybe 1000 times the impedance of a regular PM speaker. You need to boost the current from the module output and an ordinary audio power amplifier (LM386) can do it.

The TDA2822M amplifier IC in an 8-pins through-holes case made by ST Micro (called ST Life now?) is obsolete and is not made anymore. The two largest American electronic parts distributors do not have any.
But the TDA2822D in a tiny surface-mount case is produced and available but it gets hot and must have its output power limited to less than 1/2W.

The LM386 is still produced and available in the 8-pins through holes case.

Some people and some stores hide (hoard) old products then sell them later when they are not available anymore. Then if you use one and it fails, where will you find a replacement at a reasonable price?
Why is a better amplifier (?) obsolete but another amplifier is still produced and available?

I have some old germanium transistors. They will make a gEEtar sound like in the old days. I should sell them and get rich.

Yes, the TDA2822D amplifier is still produced and is available everywhere but only in a tiny surface mount case that gets overheated. There was a TDA2822 amplifier made long ago in a 16 pins through holes case. I did not look to see if it is available.

TDA2822 16 pin stop manufatured long time ago, but I fell the sound very good, much better than LM386. This can answer why old walkman used TDA2822. for new replacements, it can be TEA2025 or LM380 which has (not good sound as TDA2822)much more powerful.
Some opinions of me:
For low power,low supply voltage and popular, cheap TDA2822 is the best.
LA4440 is the best audio IC use below 14v supply (HA1392 too)

The LA4440 made by ON Semi is not available at America's two largest electronic parts distributors who say it is not normally stocked. I thought it is Japanese.
Its datasheet shows a lot of low frequency distortion I think is caused by the output transistors momentarily heating which affects other transistors inside.
It appears to be a copy of an LM2896 National Semi dual power amplifier in the same case that I used in about 1978. The LM2896 did not have low frequency distortion.

I have some old germanium transistors. They will make a gEEtar sound like in the old days. I should sell them and get rich.

Don't laugh. "Real" git-pickers scour the globe for LM308's. Someone showed off his new effects pedal based on a 5534, and he was scolded for not using a 741. I thought of you immediately.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back